Sunday, August 19, 2012

What's In A Name?

While I have a feeling "Bean" is going to stick regardless of how Baby Martin feels about it, we have decided on an official name for our new addition..... {cue drumroll}

Grayson Carter Martin


Yup. Its amazing what a date night with the hubs can accomplish. Apparently when you have time for an actual conversation, you can choose a name for your unborn child. I was pretty excited.

If you are a long time follower you might remember that in choosing the name for Maggie Claire, we chose family names. Poor kid even ended up with 4 names because we were so adamant about incorporating both grandmother's on Adam's side. Everyone wonders why a teacher would give their child 4 names (Margaret Claire Elizabeth Martin) knowing how complicated that's going to be, but we still adore it and hope she can learn to live with it ;)

Following the"family name" trend, we came up with Carter. This was my grandmother's maiden name and seemed perfect for a bouncing baby boy. We did break tradition with Grayson. It was selected for the simple reason that we liked it. That's it. Well, and the fact that we actually AGREED on it. Finding a name Adam and I both loved just varified the fact that it was the perfect choice - so we jumped on it.

There you have it. "Bean" has a name. I asked Maggie Claire what she thought of our selection and, of course, what did that little stinker say? She didn't like it. I said, "Maggie Claire, what do you think of the name Grayson for your little brother? Do you like it?". She looked at me for a moment and responded with a very quick and stern "No". I followed by asking her if she was just going to keep calling him Bean and she said yes. Oh well, no pleasing a two year old drama queen I suppose. She also told me the other day she didn't like ice cream, so I'm not sure how seriously I take her response anyway.

Have a happy week everyone! Hope to get the bumpdate posted (with picture!) tomorrow!

1 comment:

Thoughts from friends