Thursday, August 16, 2012

Revealing The Bean

After starting the new blog, I thought some of you might be new followers (If you're an oldie, feel free to skip this post). As you all know by now, we are expecting our second bundle of joy in January. Now, with that said, I felt it wasn't right to continue the second half of our pregnancy without backtracking to the big news. Telling the hubs we are pregnant.

This is a huge moment in any married couple's journey together. The first time we found out we were pregnant, I have to say that joy wasn't exactly our first emotion. It was a COMPLETE shock. Adam was still in school and we had just received news that he was going to be deployed for the 4th time. Not exactly the best timing. Its probably safe to say that panic might be the overriding emotion we both felt.

Of course our panic slowly gave way to excitement and God proved (yet again) He knew exactly what he was doing. Maggie Claire is the most amazing blessing we have ever received and we couldn't be happier to have her in our life.

This second go around I knew I wanted things to be different. I wanted us to be in a place where we were able to feel nothing but pure joy. And boy did I want to do it right. The first time I shared the pregnancy news it consisted of a phone call to Adam saying "um, honey, can you stop at the store and get a pregnancy test, because I just took one and its positive. I think its broken." Yeah. Not exactly romantic and exciting.

I had been feeling a few odd symptoms for a week or two and I immediately knew I was pregnant. However, when I took the test it was negative. I waited a week and tested again and... negative. I had shared my initial thoughts with Adam so when I relayed the news that they were negative, we both decided to forget about it. Well, he decided. I, however, decided to wait to test again as I am a woman and just KNEW I was pregnant.

I was proved correct when I once again tested and got two pink lines. It was the morning of Adam's HUGE presentation and I had to wait ALL FRIGGIN' DAY to share the excitement with him. Not easy. I had MC make a card that read "To My Daddy" on the front, and on the inside it said "I Love You" with the love being a big pink felt heart. As he raised it up there was a little message that said "...and so will my little brother or sister" I shared with MC that we would be giving it to daddy a big surprise when he got home and showed her the card. As you can see in the video below, she was pretty excited to give it to him.

Given that my husband never fails to disappoint in his reactions to surprises, I knew I had to get the camera ready. This was going to be good.... and boy was it! Enjoy!!

At the end I could tell he wasn't convinced so I went to get the pregnancy tests. He wanted to debate about the validity of my extremely faint second pink line, but when I showed him the digital "pregnant" I think it hit him. He then saw me walk to the video camera that he hadn't preciously noticed and was pretty surprised about that as well ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dropping in via the Skaggs' blog, and I just wanted to say congratulations! Love the video!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts from friends