Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bumpdate!

Excuse the lack of photo this week - I'm hoping to get the hubs on top of that today... Poor guy has been SWAMPED this last week of school. Tomorrow is his last day and I look forward to getting him back. The studio has hogged him MUCH too long!


Due Date: January 5, 2013
How Far Along: 18 weeks
Total Weight Gained: 121.5 (5.5 lbs)

Maternity Clothes: Well the pre-baby shorts officially fit not more. I've been using my belly band to get more wear out of them considering I own only about 3 pairs of maternity shorts.
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty good. Still tired from everything going on with the move! 

Best Moment of the Week: Sadly, nothing really to report on this front. This pregnancy still astounds me as it is just so different from the first time around. If I didn't have this belly pooch, I wouldn't even know I was pregnant! I still feel Bean here and there, but its very infrequent - ready for Adam to be able to feel him!!
Food Cravings: The other day I craved a steak. A steak. I barely even eat meat, let alone CRAVE it. It was the oddest thing ever. 
Food Aversions: Yesterday I attempted to eat one of my go-to noodle bowls that I ate constantly when my two weeks of morning sickness hit. Wow. Could barely stomach it. I think the memory and taste took me back to the time period when I thought I was dying. Its like sushi. I used to LOVE sushi. Then, after one especially great meal, I got SICK. I mean SICK. Can't eat sushi without reliving the sickness now.
Belly button/stretch marks: No new ones. Still sporting the hip stretch marks from Maggie Claire. I pray I don't gain as much weight with Bean as I did with her!

Symptoms: Starting to get our of breath and dizzy - in the mornings especially. This also occurred with MC, but I feel like I was further along when it did. Anyway, trying to pack in the protein first thing in the morning to help regulate my blood sugar and drinking plenty of water. 
Adam's pregnancy symptoms: Hmm, I would have to say that I have no idea because I haven't seen my husband in almost a week. He has been at the studio pretty much from sun up to sun down everyday. If he's not there, he's upstairs working while I tend to little one. Can I just say AGAIN that I'm so glad tomorrow is his last day of grad school??!!!
Movement: Very infrequent and short. Every two days or so I might feel one or two kicks but that's about it. Although I'll kick myself for saying this later, I am ready for those big frequent kicks and for Adam to feel them!
Gender: Pretty sure he's still a boy ;) Maybe one day when Adam finishes school we can talk about names haha. We have a few we are throwing around but nothing definite by any means.
Milestones: Official baby belly. The pre-baby shorts button no more. I'm hoping I'm past the beer gut phase and actually look pregnant. 

Thanks for hanging in there with me guys. I know the posts have been sporadic. Having an absent hubs, staying home with a two year old, and unpacking everything we own in a new house has proven to be pretty time consuming. Have a great week!!

*Hopefully I'll get the new belly photo up today or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from friends