Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bumpdate!


Well, I hate to say it but I actually missed an 18 week picture. In 39 weeks of pregnancy with Maggie Claire and 17 weeks of pregnancy with Bean, I hadn't missed one. I suppose I should cut myself some slack and assume that it was inevitable... However, now that Adam is OUT OF SCHOOL and working, things should get back to normal!


19 weeks 2 days :) Please excuse the fact that I look a complete hot mess. The couch hair and lack of makeup is due to the fact that this was taken at 11:30 at night when the hubs finally got a break from unpacking boxes in the office. After missing last week, I said "I don't care, lets GET IT DONE!"
Due Date: January 5, 2013
How Far Along: 19 weeks
Total Weight Gained: 122.5 (6.5 lbs). I have to admit that I'm getting a little nervous here. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes please. I still refuse to buy maternity shorts with it being mid- August and our list of other items to purchase for the house growing exponentially, so I've still been sporting the two pair I do own and sleep shorts and t-shirts around the house. If I make it out to run errands I usually end up wearing a cotton dress.
Sleep: Same 'ole, same 'ole. Fall asleep, wake up to go to the restroom, lay back down, think of things I need to be doing for 30-45 min, fall back asleep, wake up to go to the restroom... I think you get the idea. It would also be fabulous if my husband didn't require 30 minutes to get out of bed in the morning. His alarm goes off literally every 5 minutes for 30 minutes straight in the morning. This boggles my mind. Why not just set it 30 minutes later and use that time to actually sleep??! 

Best Moment of the Week: Well, lots of great things this week. Two of which don't really have anything to do with Bean, but I'm sure he understands my excitement none the less. Adam's parents came up for a visit, Adam GRADUATED grad-school and is OFFICIALLY DONE!!!!!!!, we celebrated his birthday which is today, and yesterday was his first day of work! Whew! What a fantastic week. And the best event of all? Adam officially felt little Bean for the first time :) This makes my eyes water. Again, he was in Iraq during my entire pregnancy with MC and only got to feel her for one day before we were induced. At that point she was so big there wasn't a lot of kicking and moving around going on. To see his face light up at feeling those first little kicks was pretty emotional. So glad he is here to experience this pregnancy with me!!!
Food Cravings: Hm, nothing to speak of this week. 
Food Aversions: None. All food is still good.
Belly button/stretch marks: Nope. 

Symptoms: Still getting out of breath and dizzy at times. The two sets of stairs in the new house don't help - but at least it keeps me active! I must go up and down them 100 times a day! Next house will definitely be a single level!!!
Adam's pregnancy symptoms: Moody and moody. He doesn't exactly have a Saint's patience and gets pretty aggravated pretty easily. Factor in all he's had going on lately and that we are trying to organize a new house together and you get disaster. Bless his heart though, he always realizes it and apologizes. It takes a strong man to admit when he's wrong and I was super blessed to have one that does it almost every time he screws up ;) I try to learn from him as he is MUCH better at it than I am! Bless him for putting up with me!
Movement: Getting much more frequent now. Feeling those sweet kicks is one of the best feelings in the world!!!
Gender: Boy -  one day he'll have a name. Until then, Bean it remains. 
Milestones: So, after being with Adam for 6 years and him being in school or deployed for each one of those years, I'd say a regular job is a huge milestone. No, its not baby related, but let's just say momma is going to be much happier and more pleasant to be around with daddy back home each night before 4am. 


Thanks for catching up with Bean and I! Hopefully I'll have some new MC photos and updates coming soon via a sweet followers request ;) Don't forget to follow the blog - I have to admit that I miss the validation of seeing lots of faces on my followers section haha. Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from friends