Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bumpdate!

25 weeks 2 days

Due Date: January 5, 2013
How Far Along: 25 weeks
Total Weight Gained: 128.5 (12.5 lbs) Let me take a moment to share the fact that I am slowly beginning to hate this prompt. Its my own fault. Indulgence was the name of the game over the last few weeks and it SHOWED. I gained 2 pounds this week. What's worse is the weight I showed at my doctor's appointment on Monday. I usually try to weigh myself first thing when I wake up on Saturday mornings which is when my new weeks starts. I weighed 128.5. WOW. As I said, I gained 2 pounds in a week. When I went to the doctor Monday their "scale" said 131. I would like to attribute that to the fact that I was wearing heavy blue jeans a 2 shirts (I usually weigh myself unclothed at home). And it was right after lunch. In my mind that makes their weight bogus and mine correct.  

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Always.
Sleep: We don't even need to go there. I sleep a max of 3-4 hours a night. That is being generous. I go to bed too late and wake up too early, I can't get comfortable, and it takes me forever to fall back asleep after each bathroom trip which is now averaging around 3 per night. 

Best Moment of the Week: Momma is about to be a working momma. That's right - I got a job. Still in shock that they would hire a pregnant woman (yes, I told them I was pregnant - as if it wasn't obvious enough) Nervous and excited all at the same time!!
Food Cravings: Smores - more on this to come
Food Aversions: None.
Belly button/stretch marks: In/no stretch marks

Symptoms: As mentioned previously and as shown by my mammoth weight gain, this appetite is ridonkulous. Also feel as though my stomach has grown exponentially this last week. Harder to breathe, sore back, blah blah blah. Don't want to be a complainer so we'll just say its slightly uncomfortable but worth it all :)
Adam's pregnancy symptoms: Sore back. The other night he was repeatedly sighing and huffing and puffing due to his "sore back". No, I didn't slap him. Yes, I did roll my eyes and imagine things I'd like to say to him. 
Movement: This little guy is getting strong! He'll stop me in my tracks sometimes or make me flinch when he pushes those little feet across my stomach.
Gender: Boy - Grayson Carter
Milestones: First family camping trip! I would say surviving your very first camping trip with a two year old, all while 6 months pregnant, is quite a feat. It went SOOO well. MC had the best time and Adam and I did too! I'll be posting pics and details in the next day or so, so be sure to check back!

On a side note the doctor's visit went well this month. Grayson's heartbeat sounded good and so did baby chick's (MC accompanied me to the appointment and promptly after checking Bean's heart, she said "Mom, what about baby chick's heart??!" My amazingly fantastic doctor didn't miss a beat and said "Oh, of course! Let's check baby chick's heartbeat too!" MC proceeded to remove her stuffed baby chick from her bookbag and present it to the doctor for his appropriate checkup. I'm sure you're all anxious to know that he is in fact doing well and everything sounded good ;)

We are scheduled for our Glucose test and 3D ultrasound in 3 weeks so I'm super excited - for the latter of course. I failed the dang glucose test last go around and had to sit for the all day one. Worst.day.ever. I'm going to cry if I fail again. Nothing worse than sitting still for hours on end with a huge belly in a tiny waiting room chair with nothing to eat. Oh well, it is what it is and hopefully I'll pass with flying colors this time! 

1 comment:

  1. I craved smores a lot, too! I found this on Pinterest tonight and thought of you---http://sayyestohoboken.com/2012/08/smores-cookie-bars.html/smoresall-4. I'm going to have to try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts from friends